SHARJAH, 29th September, 2022 (WAM) -- H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, has issued an Emiri Decree on the formation Al Khalidyah Suburb Council in Sharjah.
Emiri Decree No. 56 of 2022 stipulates that Al Khalidyah Suburb Council in the city of Sharjah would be formed with the following members:
1. Thani Hazeem Salem Hazeem Al Suwaidi.
2. Khalfan Saeed Khalfan Al Marri.
3. Khamis Ali bin Ghanem Al Himiri.
4. Ali Hamad bin Sifan.
5. Mohammed Hamad Abdullah Al Sari Al Muhairi.
6. Mohammed Rashid Mohammed bin Jerash.
7. Matar Ghanem Saeed Al Suwaidi.
The Decree also stipulates that the council shall choose a chairman and a vice-chairman in its first meeting from among the members by agreement or by direct secret ballot, and by the majority of attendees.
The term of membership in the council shall be four years, starting from its first meeting, and it shall continue to conduct its business upon the expiry of its term, until a new council is appointed. Those whose term of membership has expired may be reappointed.